Friday, September 22, 2017

At the Movies in a Little Border Town

Just on the border between Wyoming and Idaho is a defunct movie house, "The Allegory Theater". Kukla and I walked around to the back and found an alleyway door standing partially open. I peeked inside and felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You'll have to buy a ticket," said the janitor (for that's who he was). "Fifty cents. The dog can go in free. Go on up to the balcony."

I paid for the ticket and we went inside. To my surprise, there were lots of other people already seated in the audience.

The lights went out and an image flickered on the screen, just long enough for me to make a photo with my Kodak. Then all went dark again and I found myself standing in the alley with Kukla, on the border between Wyoming and Idaho.

Signing off now, until tomorrow.

Here's the photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment