Monday, September 18, 2017

Hiatus

To My Friends, All & Some, who have been tuning in here during the past weeks and perhaps wondering where I have got to and why I haven't written anything...

Please Stand By!


Before this week is over I fully expect to be able to arrive in a Place and Time that will permit me an opportunity to write at least something of a synopsis of the days and nights since setting out from Bloomington. Travels through Illinois, Missouri and Kansas were intolerably hot and humid, with temperatures often ranging from 95 - 100 degrees in the shade. This meant that I couldn't leave Kukla in the van while I enjoyed some quiet and comfortable respite from the road in the local Carnegie library reading and writing room. I am now in the cooler mountain climes of Colorado and, effects of altitude notwithstanding,  the Oaxacan Angel on my dashboard still points mostly north and west and sometimes elsewhere too, while exhorting me as always:

"Zugzwang!" 


1 comment: